Pain under eyelid, yellow pus in tear duct. Could you diagnose this?

For the last couple of days the area under my eyelid towards my nose/ forehead just above the tear duct area has been hurting when I shut my eye or touch near the area on my eyelid. This morning when I woke up I noticed it was hurting more then usual and also that its now swollen. I went to a mirror and noticed yellow puss in the area around my tear duct and I suspect that It came from whatever is causing my discomfort and was moved there while my eye was closed when I was sleeping. Could you diagnose this? And let me know how I could treat it?
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012