Pain the abdomen, not able to urinate. Is there a medication which will reduce inflammation in the urinary tract?

hello, first time on here, not sure how this works but my mother is having sharp pain on her right side and she can not urinate or pass stool . I recommended going to the doctor and read that something could be inflamed blocking the urinary track. maybe the pain on the right side is a tell of some sort? Is there a specific medication I could get to reduce inflammation and or relieve this problem?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013