Pain that effects sleep. Can it be due to tubing and swimming? What can help sickness?

Hi. My daughter is 11 and is not feeling well. She has had pain that bothers her enough to effect her sleep for over a week. Yesterday she was at a party and went tubing and swimming in a local FL lake. (concerns ameba)Now she feels generally sick, but mainly her armpit is hurting and she says the pain is moving down her arm causing her whole arm to hurt. She is running a low grade fever of 99.5. Should I be concerned and take her in right away? Or could I wait to see if things get worse and maybe she s just a little sick and will naturally fight it off? Any advise would be very appreciated.
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
From history it seems that she might be having viral infection since few days.
Now due to swimming in lake precipitated the infection.
Due to swimming and lots of movement of hand while swimming gave her muscular strain on her hands and armpit.
Give Ibuprofen, paracetamol combination tablet for 2-3 days.
Give complete rest.
Give plenty of water.
Ok and take care.