Pain, swollen lump behind ears. Relief with antibiotics, warm compression. Should I continue same treatment?

A couple of days ago I notice a small lump behind my ear near the bottom. This morning a woke with a fair amount of pain and increased swelling . My ear lob has double in size and the swelling behind my ear is huge. I saw a nurse practitioner this afternoon and she prescribed antibiotics and advised to put warm compressed on the affected area which I have been doing for several hours. The pain now is getting to be no fun and the swelling has not subsided. My question is should I continue with the treatment plan or should I go see a physician? It s a real pain in the .....ear! Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012