Pain, swelling in lower lip due to cold sore. No relief with medication. Cure?

Hello Dr. Grief. My bottom lip hasbeen swollen since Sunday. I went to the doctor on Monday, I believe. It hurts so bad. He told me that it was a cold sore and I must say, I m not so sure I believe that. He gave me medicine and as far as I can see, it hasn t helped. The swelling is still horrid and painful. Ice has not helped it at all. It feels as though there is a large knot underneath the skin of my lip, and now my chin amd neck even hurt on the right side. Please, is there any way you can help me woth this awful swollen lip!? I have to get bacl to school already! I ve never had a cold sore either.
Asked On : Sun, 4 Nov 2012