Pain, swelling in hands, feet. Reason and how to get relief?

Hi I have pain and swelling in my both hands and both foots. Pain and swelling is coming every week and automatically cured and after a day or a week it comes again. this process is going on from last one year. Many types of test has been done but nothing finds. what can i do presently i am not taking any medicine. Please suggest me what is going on in my body. T & R Kanhaiya Kumar Delhi
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Hi Kumar,

Have you had any recent accident? - Trauma could be a cause.

Have you been tested for arthritis? - Could explain the swelling and pain.

Have you checked your kidney function? (urine analysis, creatinina, urea in blood and urine) - Some types of kidney problems cause swelling.