Pain radiating in armpits, pains when I smoke. On ulnar nerve. What happens?

i have a pain in my right chest that radiates into my armpit. this only happens when i smoke . it seems the more i smoke the worse it gets. after about 4-5 cigarettes in a day it causes pressure is the only way i can describe it on my ulnar nerve in the armpit. my arm gos numb & my little & ring fingers start to tingle. so i quit smoking . my question is what would inflame & cause this only when i smoke. if its nothing & wont be an issue as long as i dont smoke then im ok with that. but if there is something going on & im just covering the symptoms then id like to know. ive brought this up to 2 diff. doctors. both have blown it off saying i strained a muscle.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012