Pain over thumb area. History of injury to hand. Could this be tendonitis?

yes , thank you. i had fell on my right hand last year and the palm area bruised badly and base of thumb area was sore. a year later when a try to open a jar the base of my thumb area hurts. I never had any xrays done because i have no pain in any of my fingers or thumb and am able to move them without any discomfort. Now i am wondering if I have tendonitis in my lower thumb base area and if i shoud go to a orthopedic dr . How to i did the pain to go away?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013