Pain on upper left side of abdomen, ribs, diarrhea. Taking activia, milk of magnesia, phillips pro-biotic pills. Should I go ER?

Hello, for close to a week I have had a pain on the upper left side of my abdomen , near the ribs. I have also been quite constipated for close to two weeks. I drink 4-6 16 oz bottles of water a day and have been mostly eating soup for the last 8 days. I have been eating Activia with Fiber almost every day and have taken Smooth Move tea, Milk of Magnesia, Phillips Probiotic pills and Fleet Liquid Suppositories with very minimal effect; yeilding a few instances with a small amount of diarrhea , but nothing significant. I have not yet seen a doctor because I was laid off and no longer have health insurance. Should I just bite the fiancial bullet and go to the ER?
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012