Pain on top of foot, toes swollen, bug bite on leg. infected. Remedy?

hi i have had pain on the top of my feet by the ankle area for 6 months know . recently the top of my left foot by the toes are now swollen along with pain i had i had gone to the emergency room at the hospital. the doctor told me i have r/a but they did no blood work how could they know. i also have a bug bite on my right leg by the knee on back side of the leg. i think had that about as long. but never thought about mentioning this because it started to scab over and dry out so i thought it was healing but came back in the same area three times now it drys up gets infected puss comes out drys but never heeled completely right now its infected . do you think its related
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Hi Welcome to HCM
Yes Rhematoid arthritis can be clinically diagnosed, though there do exists lab investigations.
If there is repeated infections over that area, Most probably some infective focus is still hiding there.
Do visit your surgeon. He may need to explore it.