Pain on top of foot post run, later swelling and bruising after another. Any ideas?

i had some pain on the top of my foot (center towards the front) after my last run. Two days later i went for another run and it wasn t too sore on the run but noticed some swelling that night. then today( next day) i went for a long run (15 miles) , foot not too sore but sore now and swollen and a little bruised looking. Any ideas? thanks, mitsy
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Welcome to healthcare magic,
There is a possibility of you having sustained a stress fracture of the metatarsal bone, which was made worse by exertion. I would recommend you to see a doctor, take an x ray and rule out fracture. Please take rest. Hope this helped,