Pain on the upper right side of abdomen, hurts while eating. Causes ?

im having a pain on the upper right side of what i think is my intestine or abdomen . It started hurting mostly when I eat. At this point (two days later) the pain is coming and going. I don t want to eat because it hurts but i feel really hungry. Almost feels like my food isnt going all the way down. I dont have insurance and dont know what to do
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012
Thanks for query,
The first possibility is of hyper acidity.
It may be due to oesophagitis ,gastritis or enteritis.
You should take antacid medicines .
Take more milk.
Avoid hot,spicy fried food.
Take small frequent meals.Don't remain hungery or empty stomach.
If this measures doesn't solve your problem consult your doctor.
General Surgeon Dr. Grzegorz Stanko's  Response
Pain in this localization is mostly caused by gallbladder stones (cholelitiasis) or by stomach ulcers.
Abdomen USG will reveal gallbladder stones.
Gastroscopy should be performed to rule out ulcers of your stomach and also will tell if there is an infection of Helicobacter Pylori.
Some basic blood tests needs to be done as there is always a risk of small gallstones migration to biliary tract what may lead to pancreas inflammation (this one is life treating condition).
Until this wont be done it is advisable for you to keep hepatic diet ( no fatty food, no fried food and no alcohol) and do not drink coffee.
Hope this will help
Good luck