Pain on the top of foot when applying pressure. X-ray normal, no swelling or bruising. Any ideas ?

I slip and fell on my foot and have pain on the top of my foot when applying any kind of pressure (walking). Had an xray done on monday and said that i didnt break anything but today friday, my pain doesnt seem to be subsiding at all, infact in feels either the same or worse. a little swelling not much and hardly any bruising. i just thought i would a little better by now. when resting and not applying pressure i only feel a nuisance pain. I just fear the xray might have missed something. should i go back to my doctor or have i not given it enough time?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012