Pain on the right side of groin, hip, dark purple bruise on upper hip. Solution ?

Been having pain on the right side, thought it was a pulled groin , played hockey the other night, extreme pain down the side of my hip, so much so that when lifting my leg I had to use my arms and lift to get into the team box, as the pain was so severe. A day later, it was like nothing had been wrong at all. A couple of days later noticed a very large and dark dark purple bruise on my upper hip, I was not hit nor did I experience any other injury during the game.
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012