Pain on the lower side of the stomach post appendicitis operation, had complicated appendectomy with part of intestine excised. Which medicines can I take?

My brother is 20 years old, he has got his appendicides operation done years ago, it was very complicated since it had already ruptured for five days then. A small part of the intestines was removed since they had been severely infected. Ever since he has been complaining of pains in the stomach . My question to you is.. What medicines should he take right away since its pain right now, the pain is felt in the lower side of the stomach, the portion what we call the abs.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jun 2012