Pain on the left side when I lay down. let me know what you think ?

HI there, I am a 31 female that has had the same problem for the past 2-3 years. Around once a month I get a pain in my left side that makes it painful to sleep on my left. It feels like a sharp stab. All other times of the day I am a little sore but I can breath fine, workout, ect. I am in great shape and do not have any medical problems and take no medication. I took an ekg 2 years ago that came back normal. They thought maybe a strained rib? but now its 2 years later and I still experience this. It does not hurt to sleep on my right side and I have no other trouble sleeping. It usually goes away in a week or so. I am almost wondering if it is hormonal. Please let me know what you think. I am planning to see a doc again just to be sure there is nothing serious going on here. Thanks !
Asked On : Tue, 15 Mar 2011