Pain on the left side, lower abdomen. CT scan report normal. Have irritable bowl syndrome

6 weeks ago I was dancing in heels (I am 69 years old). Ever since I have had a sharp pain in my left side- which subsides overnight if I do not lay on the left side - only to return the next day. This problem occurs a slight amount on the right side and across the lower abdomen. I have had a CT scan which did not show any problems. However, I am wondering if an irritable bowel syndrone would show such symtoms and would strain on these muscles provoke symptoms of which I am experiencing !!!!!
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013