Pain on shin. Hurts on walking, climbing, sitting. Tried icing, taping. Whats wrong?

Hi, I'm a gymnast and my ankle and like the very edge of my shin (on the inside) hurts like reallllly bad! I ice it and wrap it when I home and tape it when I'm at practice. I wanna know what could be wrong there's no swelling or bruising but it hurts really bad. My coach thinks its shin splints but I researched what shin splints are and I have none of the signs... It hurts when I walk, go upstairs, run, and just sitting around. Do you think you could tell me what could possible be wrong? Thanks!
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013