Pain on left side under armpit beside breasts, lump formation, swelling. Cause of worry?

I have had pain on my left side under my armpit beside my breast for approximately 7 months now. The pain increases and decreases from one week to another. Last night the pain was a lot worse and I found a small lump beside my breast and the area under my armpit seems a bit harder and swollen compared to my right side. My family doctor had an xray done on the area 2 weeks ago and did not see anything. Should I be worried still?
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013