Pain on left side just above stomach after eating. Prescribed neopride total. Should I take it before or after food?

Hi Doctor, I have been getting pain in left side, just above my belly.Pain arises after having food. My doctor asked me to endoscopic and then prescribed NEOPRIDE TOTAL. I forgot to remember when to take the tablet, after food or early in the morning in empty stomach . Can you advise me when should I take the tablet. Best Regards
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013
Hello Good Evening,

According to your symptoms you might be suffered from Gastric or duodenal ulcers which cause pain to you after having food because there is physiological more release of acid for the digestion of food.
After Endoscopy most probably you have diagnosed as Gastritis with GERD (Gastro esophageal reflux disease), for that you have prescribed Neopride Total, which actually contain Rabeprazole+ Levosulpiride.
This should be taken empty stomach in the morning to decrease acid secretion and cause beneficial effect in Gastritis and GERD.