Pain on knot in bicep, cannot lift arm. Taking ibuprofen. Pain from knot? What it is?

The Dr thinks I may have a rotator cuff injury and I am waiting to have an MRI, but today I am having serious pain on a knot in the middle of my bicep. I cant life my arm above my head, cant reach around to the back, and I am very limited in motion. Physical therapy has made it worse so we stopped, but my main concern is the pain coming from this knot. I dont know what to do, I keep icing it and taking ibuprofen and a mild muscle relaxer. Do you have any suggestions for what this could be?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013