Pain on face, chin bone, ear ache, temple. What s the cause and possible reason?

For the last few days I've been experiencing excruciating pain in the left side of my face.along my chin bone,up to my ear feeling like a possible earache,and on my cheek bone and temple. I do have a broken abscess tooth but it's been there for almost a year and hasn't caused a it doesn't seem like a toothache because I can't say a tooth hurts...the entire left side of my face ear jaw throbs. Its an inexplicable pain.pain meds don't even seem to make it stop just makes it tolerable. Any ideas please?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013