Pain on deep breathing, tightness from chest to neck, upper back pain, intermittent distension visible on external jugular vein with missed periods. Normal ECG, stress test, mammogram, pap smear. Would endocrine disorder cause the distension?

Is there an endocrine disorder that would cause intermittent left external jugular distension? I am 48 yo female, 5 5 130 lbs. Healthy diet, don t smoke or drink. Started experiencing difficulty getting a deep breath and it progressed to pain with deep breath and sometimes couldn t get deep breath, with chest up to neck tightness and upper back pain. The left external jugular vein started presenting with intermittent distension while I was at rest. Emergency room sent me to cardiologist and long story short I have had a very expensive physical! Echocardiogram normal Stress test normal pulmonary function testing normal mammogram normal pap smear normal no GERD or any reflux The only thing different is I haven t had my period since Aug 2011 and have had some hot flashes off and on for two years, but otherwise nothing. Since the crisis that sent me to ER, I finished a tiered prescription of prednisone which did seem to ease up my chest and I could get the deep breath and without pain, but still have tightness on left side of neck, top of chest around clavicle (especially the left side) and bottom of neck and have upper back pain periodically. I have eliminated caffeine and then put it back in diet and it doesn t make a difference. Please help
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jun 2012