Pain on back side of skull, area swollen. Tender, sore to touch. What is it?

I discovered a pain on the back right side of my skull on the bony part that sticks out a little bit. I felt it and it definitely feels swollen. I did go and see my NP yesterday, but she dismissed it saying it was nothing and I probably just irritated it somehow. But today the pain has gotten a little bit worse. It is very tender and sore to the touch and if I bend my head back I can feel the bump and some pain. What in the world could this be and should I be concerned?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013