Pain, numbness in hand, fingers after needle inserted for anesthesia. How to get relief?

I went into Hospital for an operation when,putting the needle in to put me under anathetic, the doctor /anethatist could not find a vein and,put th needle into the top of my hand . Then pulled it out, I hit the roof and screamed it was very painful. Then he put the needle into the back of my wrist which was an awkward position, an after when the catheter was taken out the blood took quite a long time to stop. The doctor did not seem concerned about my pain. Since leaving hospital my left hand where the needle was put in, the top has been very painful and numbness in my hand an fingers, losing feeling in the,fingers. I need to go back to the Doctors but do not have time being a busy mum.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013