Pain near tibia shaft fracture. Leg pain when using crutches. Normal?

Hi, I had a tibia shaft fracture 5 weeks ago. My bone completely snapped. Doctor gave me option if I want to go for surgery or they can do full leg casting. I avoided surgery. In my last check up that was week a go, the alignment of bone was good, But I have started to get different pains, sometimes there s a sharp pain at the point of fracture which lasts for Few seconds. And when I get up on the crutches an lift my leg it feels so so painful, feels so heavy at point of fracture. I want to know is it normal to get all the pains? And after how long all these pains will go.
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012