Pain near the chest while swallowing, ear pain after diving episode. Need help

Hi asked my question but when I pressed done it disappeared I m hoping you ve read it please?Hi I ve been having swallowing pains near the right side of my throat towards the bottom of it near the V part where it start to the chest . As I swollow/just after the pain stabs there and pushes down towards the chest. This all started in the middle if the night after a went diving. Where still now after two days diving my right ear is still aching. Please help in a lot of pain
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Welcome in H.C.M.

I read your query regarding pain in chest and throat during swallowing on right side of throat and you off and on also feels sharp pain in the ear of same side (right).

Your symptoms are in fovour of right sided tonsillitis, though unilateral tonsillitis is rare and is found in cases of tonsillar cyst / tonsillolith and quiency. Such tonsillar pain more often give rise to referred pain in ear of same side as you are having.

To manage it a thorough examination of throat and ear is necessary therefore I supposed here consultation with ENT doctor is necessary as to avoid further complications.