Pain near shin, no swelling, dull pain along shin bone. Bruised bone or serious condition?

Hi, I have a problem on my shin bone. About 3 weeks ago i developed what i thought was shin splints as it was the pain you associate with the start of them, the dull ache along the shin bone. However now i have a pain near the bottom of my shin that does not seem to be going away. It is fine when i walk short distances and does not hurt when i am resting it but when i put pressure on the area it hurts like an intense bruising pain. There does not seem to be any swelling around the area and the pain seems to be easier when i apply ice to it. Could this be just a bruised bone or could it be something more serious thanks
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012