Pain near ovary, spotting red and brown discharge. Had ovary removal due to cancer

hello, I am around 40 yr old with only one ovary left due to an ovarian tumor removal. Last week I had significant pain around the area of remaining ovary for a short duration. my period has always been like clockwork every single month. However this month I just spotted a little red and now nothing. Would this be called intermittent bleeding? Now all I have is a brown discharge . I thought that a tumor would cause the opposite symptoms---heavy bleeding all month long. What do you think?
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012