Pain medicine can effect menstrual cycle? Why do I have dark brown discharge?

can the pain medicine I have been taking for over 5 years now have an effect on my menstrual period? Suddenly I have began spotting in between periods and now this month I received my period on time, got over it, and then almost 2 weeks later started having dark brown blood followed by more regular red blood and it is just like I have my period again, even though it shouldn t be due for another 2 weeks. My periods have always been consistent. The medicine is the only thing I can think of.
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012