Pain in wrists and back of hands, bulging veins. Serious?

Hi, I am a 20 year old female rugby player. I recently took a knee to the back of the head by my right ear. It was also cold and rainy that day. After I started warming up in the car on the way back my wrists and back of my hands started hurting. I got back and whenever I put my hands at my sides a sharp pain would go into my hands starting at my wrists. Now the pain has subsided somewhat, there is still some pain on the ulnar side of my right wrist and the veins bulge in some spots but not the entire vein when i put my hands at my sides. I would like to know if it s serious and If i should go get it looked at
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012

I have studied your case.

As per your history there is possibility of TFCC/ligament injury at wrist.

It may subside with time.
Pain indicates inflammatory process or nerve compression.
I will advise you to do MRI and Ultrasound of wrist.
Till time you can start analgesic and crepe bandage support.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.