Pain in wrist and hand, swelling. Applied ice. What is the injury? Treatment?

My left hand and wrist has been hurting for over a week. So bad that i cant touch anything without wanting to scream. It was swollen but has gone down. I put ice on it and it made it hurt worse. I cant make a fist either. The pain is really focused on both, my thumb and my little finger like i shook someones hand and they squeezed the heck out of it. Any idea what the injury is and how to cure? I am 39 years old. 5'6" tall and weigh 170 lbs. I have worked construction for 20 years and know aches and pains are common but this is too much. Thank you for your help.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013