Pain in upper left thigh, pinching sensation on doing dance splits. Treatment options?

I m in a club where you re forced to learn the splits. I have my right split and my left split, HOWEVER, since I got my left split, there is this type of pain in my upper left thigh. Its like a pinching type of feeling, but it hurts a LOT. It doesn t hurt that much when I m sliding into it, but it hurts when I try to get out of it. What should I do?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

It looks like a muscle strain. Any strained muscle when stretched gives severe pain.

I advice you to follow the below mentioned guidelines -

* Give adequate rest to the involved muscle group and avoid any movement that causes pain
* Ice packing once in every 2 hours over the affected area
* Moist heat application to relax the muscles
* Local application of muscle relaxant gel
* Analgesic medications as needed

I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.