Pain in upper arms. X-ray shows extensive spondylotic changes with marginal osteophytes. Causes and cure?

I am having pinching pain in my both upper arms ( shoulders especially in biseps ) for the past six months. When consulted an ortho doctor who after seeing the x-ray of C. spine AP and Lateral views informed me of EXTENSIVE SPONDYLOTIC changes with MARGINAL OSTEOPHYTES. Otherwise ...Prevertebral soft tissue normal, Disc spaces are intact ,Uncal and Facet joints are normal. Please explain what it is & what causes this and is there a cure to stop the pain for ever. Regards Noor .R
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012