Pain in upper abdomen. Hurts badly on sneezing. Spot tender, pinkish in color. Uncomfortable and not getting better. Is it muscle pull while doing yard work?

I have a pain on my right upper abdomen (about three inches over from my belly button and two inches up). The pain started about 10 days ago and it hurts badly when I cough or sneeze if I m standing or laying flat, but is okay if I sneeze sitting down. I was doing yard work with some heavy lifting 14 days ago and vaguely remember jabbing by stomach with the handle of a rake (but I m not positive it happened then). The spot is very tender and now has a slight pinkish color in the area (not a black and blue bruise ). It is not getting any better and is uncomfortable when I sit since my rib crushes that area. Any ideas? I thought maybe I pulled a muscle doing yard work but I don t remember any sudden pain doing it. I m 46 yo female. Thanks!
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012