Pain in tooth, gum disease, gapped teeth. What is the solution?

Hi. I have some pain in my left front tooth and has become loose. Went to my dentist which he told me that the tooth is loose because of gum disease and the tooth cannot be saved. The other front tooth is solid and doesn t seem to have any gum disease. Also want to mention that I have a gap between the front teeth . My dentist wants to replace the loose tooth with a bridge which means he ll need to pull the good tooth along with the loose tooth. I object to this because I don t want to lose a good tooth for the sake of making my front teeth look even and ridding me of the gap. Couldn t he just replace the loose tooth with an implant and even up or get rid of the gap by capping the good tooth? Isn t there another alternative?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013