Pain in toe. Normal blood uric acid level. History of knee pain. Suggestions?

Hello, in 2001 when I was 19 I developed left knee pain which was quite painful,tender and resolved within 2-3 days but occurred in a span of months after that..I consulted orthopedician who told my knee looks normal and I should get tested for uric acid , but I didn t get tested that in 2010 I developed pain in my left big toe again very painful since then I have on and off knee and toe pain in one or the other leg but only one joint involved at a time..recently between attacks I got blood uric acid done which was in normal range..please suggest what could be my diagnosis..
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013