Pain in tip of coccyx, no injury, tailbone hurt, dark ring around bone. Help?

Hello, I was wondering of anyone had an idea of what might be going on with me. I am only 23, and have recently been having pain to the exact region of the tip of my coccyx. When this all started (Feb. 2011) it was sudden to the point that I was sitting in my chair and had extreme sharp pains to my coccyx when I attempted to stand. No trauma or injury was ever involved whatsoever, just a sudden onset of severe pain that lasted several months. I was not able to sit, and shortly following had problems lying down. It felt like my tailbone was trying to puncture through my skin, and oddly enough it looked like it as all the fat had slowly decreased from that area of my buttock making my tailbone that much more visible. The surgeon who looked at my tailbone said nothing was broken, nothing was wrong. My tailbone had been slightly raised out of my skin. He explained that the extra extension MAY cause slight discomfort, but was unsure why I had so much pain. I was sent in for a cortozon shot in the coccyx, its been a sufficient pain reliever going on a few months now. But I can feel the pain again ever so often. And it seems like my bone is sticking out more and more, almost like I m growing a tail! Also, there is a strange dark colored ring around the large bone that prodominantly sticks out. Anyone have an answer since everything else has been inconclusive?...
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012