Pain in thumb, radiating up the arm to the shoulder, noticeable while doing one hand curls of weights. Fractured thumb?

I thought initially I might have fractured my thumb , possibly from bowling but the pain still persists. This is over three months. It doesn t prohibit me from working but it is noticeable when i tried doing my usual one hand curls of 40lb. weights. The pain runs up my arm to the shoulder and it s not the rotator. Had that done on other arm years ago. Can lift over my head. So what might this be???
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I think you are having cervical spondylitis. There is pinch nerve in neck and that is causing discomfort. I would suggest you following.
1. Avoid high pillow
2. Take pregabalin and methyocobal
3. Neck muscle traction and physiotherapy