Pain in throat, bruised. What it could be?

Hi, I have a question about my throat . Just this morning I noticed pain on my throat. The whole outside of my throat feels like its bruised. I don t know if it s related but I ve had on and off colds for the past month, and I think its its sinus related. I ve never experienced this before. I m typically a healthy person/ non smoker/ don t drink, etc.Any ideas of what it could be?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
  Anonymous's Response
Dear Friend ,
Welcome to HCM,As per your given details above it seems to be throat infection.As you also told that you are suffering recurrent cold so you should also consult E.N.T specialist for Pharyngitis . In sinus involvement you can also suffer headache, facial tenderness, pressure or pain in the sinuses, fever, cloudy discolored drainage, and feeling of nasal stuffiness, sore throat, and cough.
No need to worry both pharyngitis and sinus problem are curable diseases.
Start steam inhalation and warm saline gargle 3-4 time a day and approach your nearest E.N.T consultant.Thanx.