Pain in throat. Difficulty in swallowing. Diagnosed with pharyngitis. No help with medicines, home remedies. Solution?

Hi, In the last 3 weeks I have seen the doctor twice due to intense pain in my throat that prevented me from swallowing pretty much anything as well as some other symptoms. I was diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection and pharyngitis . I am still sick and have a lot of drainage going on. Some pain still in my throat and a deep couch that sounds croupy. I am tired of going to the doctor because they run all these tests and charge my bill up but will never give me anything to help me get better. I have also tried several over the counter medications such as benadryl , ny-quil, and day-quil. I have also gargled salt water, tried a couple home remedies, etc. Any suggestions for me? Thank you!
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013