Pain in thigh due to massive lump and bruise. History of fall. Help

Hiya I fell over a year and a half ago. I landed on a steel bar and checker plate. I had a massive lump on my thigh and the bruise was the hole size of half the back of my entire thigh. I did not seek medical advise at the time. The muscle had lumps all the way down for about 15cm. It is still hurting and I have been doing a bite more walking recently and the pain has got quite bad. I am 22 years old. Will this eventually go away or am I stuck with the pain for life? Thanks.
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013