Pain in thigh bone/muscle, no fracture, hip and back clicks. What is problem with back and hip bone?

My elderly aunt (97) seems to have bone/muscle issues causing serious pain in her thigh. She has been x-rayed following a fall and no fracture was found. However, we can hear sounds in her back and hip which sound like clicking of bone on bone and wonder if there is anything we can do to help the situation for her except continue to give her four tylenols (650 mg arthritis ) per day prescribed by her primary physician. We d like to understand what might be going on with her back and hip. Thanks.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013