Pain in the wrist without injury. Unable to grasp objects. Due to working on computer for a long time?

Why does my wrist hurt? No injury, a sudden onset, ongoing for 24 hours. Unable to grasp objects, close my fist, or twist my wrist or even typing without alot of pain. There is no redness or noticable swelling. The pain is concentrated in the lateral aspect of my wrist by the carpal bones. I can massage the area giving some relief, but it is short lived. I am a computer user, so I am concerned with carpal tunnel. I can flex my wrist upward without pain, Should I immobilize my wrist? Unfortunately, My employment requires computer typing, so I cannot use a sling. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013