Pain in the upper stomach, black stools, high temperature. Could this be due to ulcer?

I have excrutiating pain in my upper stomach ... It last for about 1-2 minutes, then goes away, but has been happening several times, all day... I have also had black stools and I know this means blood ... I checked my temp and it was above average, but not too high (99.8F). I have never had one, but I think this might possibly be an ulcer ... What do you think? I don t have a primary Doctor, should I go to Urgent Care tomorrow?
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012
Hi, Dianalaforge.
Thanks for query.
As you passed black stool means there is some bleeding from your GI tract and you have got severe pain in upper stomach,it seems that you might be having Acute Gastritis or gastric ulcer.
Go for stool test and ultra sound of g.i.tract.
You are advised to go to ER.
Mean while you can take anti spasmodic medicine and Omiprazole or Pentaprazole.
Ok and bye.