Pain in the throat, swelling in the roof of the mouth. Need cure

Hi I ve had for about four years now pain on the left side of my throat and left ear have seen several doctors and can t find anything wrong but the last 6 months I ve started to notice it geting worst and the roof of my mouth on the left side swells up and I m in agonising pain I ve seen more doctors and a throat and nose specilist and still no answers. Ive been told when it next a starts to swell go up to a and e so some one can look but by the time they get to see me the swelling goes down can any one help me please
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013
You have pain in the throat more on the left side for the last 4 years. For the the last 6 months you get a painful swelling in the left side of the Roof of the mouth which immediately subsides before consulting a doctor. This may be probably due to the collection of lymphocytes usually due to associated infection (Bacterial or Viral) near by. A Throat swab for grams stain + culture and sensitivity may be helpful. Oral hygiene is important. Along with ENT Consult a Dentist also.