Pain in the stomach. X-ray showing feces in the colon. Taking antibiotics for constipation. Is there a diet which I can try?

Hello, My husband has just been told by his GP after having an x-ray that he has faeces in his colon, this has been the case for some 5 weeks now and he is in constant pain in the right hand side of his stomach just next to his belly button, his blood/urine tests have all come back as normal. He has been taking antibiotics , fibre sachets and medicines to help his pass a stoo, sometimes he can go 3 days without passing stools . His GP did mention a colonoscopy but that was b4 he told him he had faeces in his colon. Can u pse suggest anything else we can try, perhaps a 2 days liquid only diet? Thats ok I will leave it for now, I didnt know there was a fee to pay. I will cancel for the time being.
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012