Pain in the sternal and chest wall on stopping oxy. Had CABG in the past. What are the other options to relieve pain?

Hi Dr. Grief, I am a 41 yr old male and had CABG x 3 nearly 4 years ago. I recently went off oxy and my sternal and chest wall pain is back. I hated being on those narco s but I m finding out fast that they did control the pain. I m heart healthy (never suffered a heart attack ) and have had caths that show blood flow is great. What are my options to help relieve my chest wall/sternum pain? Thanks for your help, Don in Tucson, AZ
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012