Pain in the spine and shoulders, stiff neck. Had an accident in the past. Advice?

I have been experiencing a lot of pain under right shoulder blade, tender to touch, the pain extends to my right elbow. Also been having a lot of neck stiffness. What can this be caused from and what can I do to alleviate the pain, it wakes me up at night. Started just being at night and right when I wake up but has been getting worse and constant throughout the day. I injured that area back in 09 in car accident, nothing too serious, I believe just a really bad sprain/strain and whiplash. Fell and hurt that same area this past January, my arm was jerked really hard, noticed that sharp pain in shoulder and elbow right away but figured it was sore from the fall but this past month, the pain has returned ten-fold. Seems to get worse when resting, also forgot to mention mid-spine is very sensitive just a light touch to the area makes me yell in pain and almost brings me to tears. It feels very numb and tingly in that area. The pain is constant, all day and is worse when inactive. I woke up twice in horrible spasms last night. Took 10 mg s of flexeril right before bed with 20 mins of heating pad.I m 29 y.o no MRI or Xray, Dr. Wanted me to try P.T for a few weeks to see if I improve, going on 2nd week, no changes, may be worse actually. RX d muscle relaxers and on steady dose of anti-inflammatory, no redness, shoulder feels swollen from tight muscles.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013