Pain in the shoulder while running, pain below the ribs. Reason?

I am a runner and typically run 5-7 miles a day. The past few days I have been getting sharp pains in my left shoulder while running. Today I started having sharp upper left quadrant abdominal pain right at/bellow the bottom of my rib cage. I kept running through it and I started having sharp left shoulder pains as well. I kept running and it eventually went away. I have not experienced any pain for the rest of the day. I m slightly concerned about this because I have never experienced this while running before. It definitely wasn t your typical side stitch . What could it possibly be?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013